Wednesday, September 3, 2008

You've got mail! And more mail...and more mail...

I'm glad I opened a new e-mail address (fivedollarheroes@gmail.com) for this site, because there's been an unforeseen by-product to all this giving. I'm already getting a bit of charity spam coming my way, and I'm sure it's only going to get more intense.

So here's a helpful hint: If you're planning on becoming a regular Five Dollar Hero, you might want to get a free Gmail or Yahoo e-mail account for your charitable efforts. Not only will it spare your personal e-mail some extra spam, but you'll also have all your electronic contribution receipts in one handy account come tax time.

And you can also use that account to sign up for the semi-official Five Dollar Heroes mailing list by dropping me a line at the above e-mail, too...!

No comments: