Sunday, September 21, 2008

Five Dollar Heroes is a month old!

It's been a little more than a month since I started Five Dollar Heroes, and it's already doing better than I thought it would at this point. The blog has had over 100 unique visitors, logging in from 16 different states (and D.C.) and five foreign countries on three continents. Thanks to everyone who e-mailed their friends and colleagues about this blog!

As you can see from the badges on the right of the page, I've registered Five Dollar Heroes at BlogCatalog.com, a blog directory, and with Bloggers Unite, a group of bloggers concerned about social issues. (Bloggers Unite will be blogging about refugee issues on Nov. 10, and I've begun researching an appropriate charity to receive the Five Dollar Hero treatment.) I've also nominated the blog for the Bloggers' Choice Awards for Best Charity Blog, in hopes of getting more people to surf over and join us.

I don't really have a tally of how much the blog's readers have given over the past month, but we've received e-mail thank-yous from Doctors Without Borders, the Red Cross and the U.N. World Food Programme. So I'll extend those thank yous, and add my own, to everyone who's been reading and contributing!

And if you have any ideas on how to make this site better, or have a good charity you'd like to see promoted here, drop me a line at fivedollarheroes@gmail.com.

No comments: